James Wood, Brian Edge, Frank Kirkham, Mark Edgeley, Kim Mahon, Terry
Roberts, Nicki Sutton
The previous minutes were accepted - proposed by Donald Ross and seconded by
Paul Stockton opened the meeting asking for a minute's remembrance of Peter
Wilson, who sadly died this year. Peter had been a Trust Board member as well as a
life long Vics fan.
Paul presented his report, stressing that the Trust had continued to support the football
club and its members during the past year. In addition to the points reported in his
report (copy attached), Paul advised that towards the end of 2009/2010 the Trust paid
for the bus for the Blyth trip.
John presented the Treasurer’s and Annual report.
In response to a question regarding the repayment of the loan for the purchase of
the mower, it was explained that we have agreed with the Club for the loan to be
repaid within 12 months. Paul has recently chased for the first payment, but at the
time, the Club's cash flow situation would not permit the repayment. The Trust Board
will continue to press for repayments, whether these are in instalments, or we could
consider receipt of hospitality boxes, as part payment, in lieu of cash.
John explained that we have seen a reduction in the subscriptions for 2010, with
membership falling from 98 to 84 people at the end of 2010.
A question was raised regarding insurance, and whether the cover includes personal
insurance for people on the Away Travel bus. John confirmed that the insurance
covers personal injury and Paul also explained that cover is available via the hire of
the mini-bus as well. In 2011, we have made our first claim for payment under the
insurance, to cover the cancellation of the Bradford park Avenue match. Several of
the members attending the AGM had been pleasantly surprised to receive a refund
immediately that the match had been cancelled, as the money could subsequently be
reclaimed from the insurance.
Tony Fallows proposed the acceptance of the Annual Accounts (seconded by Guy
Jewell) – Motion 1.
Maggie presented the highlights from the past 12 months as reported in the document
sent out prior to the AGM.
NORTHWICH VICTORIA SUPPORTERS’ TRUST
Membership is currently running at 66 people. This is an area that the Trust Board
need to work on, a number of members raised the question regarding general social
meetings for Trust members. It was agreed that we will look to hold monthly
meetings, but that this would ideally be in conjunction with the Supporters Club, as
there needs to be a single fan base, even if there are two organisations within it.
Action: Maggie to contact Mike Isherwood to discuss holding joint meetings free
for Trust and Supporters Club members.
Marguerite Fallows raised a question regarding transport to the ground for matches.
Although this has been tried previously by the club and also by fans. It will be worth
exploring whether there is a demand for transport at the start of the season. The key is
to encourage people who are not already Vics fans to come up for matches.
Action: Board to consider how to gauge whether the lack of transport is
deterring people from attending home matches.
We hear that the purchase of the ground is imminent, and this would be a perfect
opportunity to re-launch the Club and raise the profile of the Trust. It was suggested
that the Trust Board prepares for when the purchase is confirmed and helps the Club
to maximise the publicity and good press that can be gained from this event.
Action: Trust Board to prepare for the ground purchase, ideally in conjunction
with the Supporters Club.
David Moilliet, John Coats and James Wood were all accepted unanimously as Trust
Board Members, by the attendees. This includes the proxy votes received from absent
2) Ball boys / girls
There has been some comment regarding the lack of visibility of Vics Juniors at home
matches and the need to develop stronger ties between the Junior teams and the Senior
team. One suggestion was for Vics Juniors (and any other Youth teams who wish to
be involved) to provide the ball boys / girls for home matches. The management and
arrangement of this would be through the officials of the junior teams (as they have
the necessary CRB checks etc) but the Trust would provide branded track suits and
supply drinks and a chocolate bar for half time or full time.
This motion was agreed in principle and the Trust Board are to sort out the
details, within the £500 financial limits.
3) School tours and Vics Museum
The Club are looking to set up a museum and arrange school tours. It was agreed
that the Trust would facilitate the sourcing of exhibits, labour to help with the
refurbishment and the provision of small gifts for a goodie bag for the children.
NORTHWICH VICTORIA SUPPORTERS’ TRUST
Trust Board to work with Tracy Horth to assist with this project, within their
In addition, Maggie is to speak to Tracy regarding purchasing £500 worth of
stock (such as pin badges etc.) in preparation for the season. This would be on the
understanding that the Trust receives the loan back and the Club gets the profit. Vicki
provided an update on the running of the shop and the fact that the home strip is not
being changed for 2011/12. Jim had indicated that as the Juniors play in hoops, the
senior home strip will not be changed. There may be changes to the away strip.
4) Victoria Cup – High School Tournament
The Club are planning to run an inter-school's tournament, with the final at the VS.
They have suggested that the Trust could sponsor the award.
The meeting discussed this issue and suggested that rather than a cup, a shield would
be more practical, as it is easier to update. It was also suggested that we could include
individual shields for the winning team.
Action: Maggie to discuss with Tracy Horth – week commencing 11th July 2011.
5) Vics Juniors Trip to Denmark
The members at the meeting, plus a number of emails from members unable to attend,
unanimously agreed to the Trust making up the difference between the funds raised
by Vics Juniors and the £6500 needed for the under 16's Danish trip.
Action: Vicki contacted Ray Small of Vics Juniors, who will let John Coats know
the exact amount needed.
The need for meetings more frequently than one per year was raised. See the response
in point 5 above.
Whilst there were 14 members at the meeting and therefore it was fully quorate,
the proxy voting slips were not issued until a couple of days before the meeting
and therefore, all the motions and elections are passed, subject to the review of any
additional votes received by 20th July 2011.